You are here
Publisher 22nd Century Media’s pumpkin-carving contest just got a little bit sweeter.
In addition to the already announced slate of prizes, Culver’s in Orland Park has agreed to donate a dinner and dessert for two to each of our winners.
Our pumpkin-carving contest for 2019 has a category for adults 16 and older, as well as one for children 15 and younger. In both categories, it is all about creativity and skill.
We will pick just one winner across each category from all seven of our southwest suburban towns: Orland Park, Tinley Park, Frankfort, Mokena, New Lenox, Homer Glen and Lockport.
We have just a few rules.
1) You have to be the person who carved the pumpkin. You cannot submit for anyone else, with the exception of parents who submit for their children.
2) Each person can only submit one pumpkin photo (can feature multiple pumpkins if there is a theme) for an entry, though families can send one entry per person from different members of the family (and they can be submitted together).
3) We understand there may be a bit in the way of scary imagery (such is the nature of the holiday), but the pumpkins have to be relatively family friendly to be considered and published. Nothing beyond PG-13.
4) Entries must be submitted no later than 2 p.m. Friday, Nov. 1, to firstname.lastname@example.org or 22nd Century Media, c/o Managing Editor Bill Jones, at 11516 W. 183rd St. Unit SW Office Condo 3, Orland Park, IL, 60467 (physical entries cannot be returned), along with names, email addresses and/or phone numbers, and towns for each of the entrants.
5) The entries will be judged by 22nd Century Media’s editorial staff, with winners being chosen based on creativity, successful execution of an idea, quality of craftsmanship and consideration of the holiday/season.
6) All entries are subject to being published.
Pumpkin Carving Contest Prizes
Best Adult-Crafted Pumpkin (16 and older) — A certificate good for two tickets for Blue Man Group at the Briar Street Theatre in Chicago; a free, large cheese pizza from Aurelio’s, 19836 Wolf Road in Mokena; and coupons good for one free value basket and one free one-scoop sundae at Culver’s, 9130 159th St. in Orland Park.
Best Pumpkin Created by a Child (15 and younger) — Two hours of free bowling for up to six people, including shoe rentals, along with a pizza and pitcher full of pop, at Laraway Lanes, 1009 West Laraway Road in New Lenox; a $25 gift certificate for Odyssey Fun World, 19111 Oak Park Ave. in Tinley Park; and coupons good for one free value basket and one free one-scoop sundae at Culver’s, 9130 159th St. in Orland Park.