You are here
Publisher 22nd Century Media’s Halloween Costume Contest just got a bit more fun.
In addition to the already announced slate of prizes, Gizmos Fun Factory has agreed to donate a $25 gift card to each of our winners.
The Halloween Costume Contest for 2019 features a total of three categories. Adults 16 and older have two ways to win, with awards for Scariest Costume and Most Creative up for grabs. Children 15 and younger, meanwhile, will compete in one category in which creativity is key.
We’re going to pick just one winner across each category from all seven of our southwest suburban towns: Orland Park, Tinley Park, Frankfort, Mokena, New Lenox, Homer Glen and Lockport. So, your entries need to be good.
We have just a few rules.
1) You have to be the person in the costume. You cannot submit for anyone else, with the exception of parents who submit for their children.
2) Each person can only submit one costume for an entry (basically, you cannot send yourself in multiple costumes — pick one), though families can send one entry per person from different members of the family (and they
can be submitted together). A group also may enter one group costume, eligible for one prize, as a group.
3) We understand there may be a bit in the way of scary imagery (such is the nature of the holiday), but the costumes have to be relatively family friendly to be considered and published. Nothing beyond PG-13.
4) Entries must be submitted no later than 2 p.m. Friday, Nov. 1, to bill@op
prairie.com or 22nd Century Media, c/o Managing Editor Bill Jones, at 11516 W. 183rd St. Unit SW Office Condo 3, Orland Park, IL, 60467 (physical entries cannot be returned), along with names, email addresses and/or phone numbers, and towns for each of the entrants.
5) The entries will be judged by 22nd Century Media’s editorial staff, with winners being chosen based on creativity, successful execution of an idea, quality of craftsmanship and consideration of the holiday/season.
6) All entries are subject to being published.
Halloween Costume Contest Prizes
Best Adult Costume-Scary (16 and older) — $25 gift certificate for Chesdan’s Pizzeria & Grille, 15764 S. Bell Road in Homer Glen; a certificate good for $5 off any purchase $10 or more at Pop’s, 16600 W. 159th St. in Lockport; and a $25 gift card for Gizmos Fun Factory, 66 Orland Square Drive, Suite D, in Orland Park.
Best Adult Costume-Creative (16 and older) — A certificate good for two tickets for Blue Man Group at the Briar Street Theatre in Chicago; a certificate good for $5 off any purchase $10 or more at Pop’s, 16600 W. 159th St. in Lockport; and a $25 gift card for Gizmos Fun Factory, 66 Orland Square Drive, Suite D, in Orland Park.
Best Children’s Costume (15 and younger) — A $20 gift certificate from Short & Sweet-Tasty Treats, 9975 W. Lincoln Highway in Frankfort; a certificate good for $5 off any purchase $10 or more at Pop’s, 16600 W. 159th St. in Lockport; and a $25 gift card for Gizmos Fun Factory, 66 Orland Square Drive, Suite D, in Orland Park.