You are here
A number of area organizations have announced closures and event cancellations in light of anticipated weather concerns. They are as follows, as of 1:36 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 30.
• D146 announced that schools will be closed on Wednesday and Thursday. After-school activities for today, Wednesday, and Thursday have also been cancelled.
• Orland School District 135 — All after-school activities will be canceled for today except for Champions (child care) and intermediate band, choir, orchestra (since they take regularly scheduled activity buses). School is canceled for Wednesday and Thursday.
• All District 230 schools and facilities will close at 6 p.m. tonight, Tuesday, Jan. 29, and will remain closed on Wednesday, Jan. 30, and Thursday, Jan. 31. There will be no school, activities, sports, rentals or any other use of the buildings during this timeframe.
• The Orland Park Public Library will be closed at 5 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 29. All afternoon and evening programs cancelled. Closed all day Wednesday, Jan. 30 — all programs cancelled. The library plans to reopen at 1 p.m. Thursday. Check orlandparklibrary.org for updates.
• Publisher 22nd Century Media will be closed Wednesday, Jan. 30. The office is to reopen at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 31.
• The Orland Park Police Department, at 151st and Ravinia, is the village’s primary warming center open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
• Orland Township, 14807 Ravinia Ave. in Orland Park, serves as a county warming center. It is open 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday, Wednesday-Friday; 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Tuesday; closed Saturday and Sunday. It is meant for township seniors 55 and older. One-way rides within township are $2. One-way rides outside township are $4. Orland Township can make financial accommodations for seniors in need. For more information, call (708) 403-4222.
• Village garbage and recycling pick-up will be one day later this week beginning Wednesday, January 30th.
• Chief Judge Timothy C. Evans announced today that the Circuit Court of Cook County will be closed on Wednesday, Jan. 30, and Thursday, Jan. 31.b This means that — with the exception of bail hearings and certain pretrial matters for in-custody defendants at the Leighton Criminal Court Building in Chicago and juvenile detention hearings at the Juvenile Center in Chicago — there will be no court in session on Wednesday and Thursday in any Cook County courthouse. All cases set for Wednesday and Thursday will be rescheduled. Jurors who are currently assigned to a trial do not need to come to court on Wednesday and Thursday, but they must return to court on the next date scheduled by the trial judge. Those who were called for jury duty on Wednesday or Thursday do not have to come to court on Wednesday or Thursday, and they will receive a new summons for duty on a future date.
• Cook County offices of the Assessor, the Board of Review, the Clerk and the Recorder of Deeds will be closed on Wednesday, Jan. 30, and Thursday, Jan. 31.